Saturday 28 February 2009

Super Saturday!

I'm so excited! In fact, I'm so excited I'd be turning cartwheels if I could! Why? Because there's a new shop in town, opened yesterday, selling the most wonderful selection of British meats.

Longton Hall Farm is based in Preston, Lancashire, but all meats are sourced as close as possible to their shops in Bootle and the Wirral. This morning I saw meats from St Asaph and Anglesey, just over the border in Wales.


Rib-eye steak

Because the beef is grass-fed it is beautifully marbled with creamy fat which is solid to the touch, unlike the squishy, polyunsaturates-laden stuff I've become used to from the supermarkets.

The staff are both helpful and knowledgeable - something else that's so lacking in the supermarkets.

And, joy of joys, everything is priced per pound! Good luck to them - I'll not be buying meat from anywhere else while they're in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The views and opinions expressed in this blog reflect the author’s point of view.
Material copyrighted by other authors is quoted under a claim of "fair use.".
*************************************************************

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

eXTReMe Tracker