Wednesday 4 March 2009

5090 days!

Today my consultant told me that it's 5,090 days since I received my new liver! Almost fourteen years, and I feel great. I will always be grateful to the relatives of the young man who allowed his organs to be used to help others live.

The selflessness and generosity of that family is in sharp contrast to today's business world, where companies that only make hundreds of millions of pounds profit, are 'forced' to make staff redundant. What a very odd world we live in.



Please carry a donor card, and make sure your loved ones know of your wishes. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The views and opinions expressed in this blog reflect the author’s point of view.
Material copyrighted by other authors is quoted under a claim of "fair use.".
*************************************************************

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

eXTReMe Tracker