Sunday 2 January 2011

Diet cards

I've developed an idea mooted by a P2T member some time ago - sorry I don't remember who it was to credit them, though.

For my 2011 restart I have produced a set of 'diet cards' which is based on a low carb diet with added "safe starches" as defined by The Perfect Health Diet, as I need to watch my protein intake, and increase my carbs a little. This is what they look like:



I'm re-starting at 171.4lb with 2,000 calories, comprising:
200 calories (50g) carbs
280 calories (70g) protein
1520 calories (168g) fat

My daily breakfast is bacon and two eggs, fried in ghee, so for the other meals I will choose:
two protein cards
two safe starches cards (white rice, potatoes, tapioca)
two carbohydrate cards (green salad, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.)

There will be about 50g fats included in most of the meats, so I need to choose as many of the fats cards as necessary to make up the right daily amount.

I've no idea how this will work, but I need something to get me back on track!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan, I really like the blog, and the emphasis you put on science and policy. I have similar interests, I am doing I&N, and blogging about it.
    It is hard to get stuck in a plateau! Keep up the good work and it will pay off :)
    Have you tried using ketostix? They are a great way to measure whether the food you are eating is keeping you in or out of ketosis. Also, do you measure? I find that in the weeks I do not lose weight, I have lost inches. That helps prevent me from getting discouraged.
    Kate
    Getfitkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate. Yes, I do use ketostix, but they have NEVER changed colour for me! I'm obviously one of those very few that Atkins mentions!!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete

The views and opinions expressed in this blog reflect the author’s point of view.
Material copyrighted by other authors is quoted under a claim of "fair use.".
*************************************************************

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

eXTReMe Tracker