Friday 9 January 2009

Friday's Food


Bacon and eggs with a difference, served on a 1970s plate -
it's a pity the ramekins don't match!


Morning weigh-in: 'Stall weight' +2

Breakfast - Net Carbs: 3g, Cals: 886
2 cheese-baked eggs and 100g bacon, baked alongside the eggs

Lunch - Net carbs: 2g, Cals: 457
2 chicken legs with a serving of coleslaw #1 (so named as it is the first I have added to my SparkPeople food groups)

Ingredients: makes 4 x 100g servings. Net carbs: 2g, Cals: 270
  • 100g courgette, finely diced
  • 30g red onion, finely sliced and chopped
  • 140g celery, finely sliced
  • 100g cabbage, finely sliced
  • 3 tablespoons full-fat mayonnaise
I use a mandolin to slice the veg finely, and hope I don't slice my fingers too! Mix everything together, divide between small food bags and store in fridge.

Dinner - Net carbs: 13g, Cals: 484
Bolognese sauce with buttered cabbage and leeks

Snacks - Net carbs: 3g, Cals: 254
3 raw cashew nuts
1oz Cheddar cheese, butter and 2 Cheddar cheese crispie thins

Daily totals: Net carbs: 22g, Cals: 2,097

The postman has just delivered a beautifully-illustrated plant catalogue; after lunch I shall put my feet up, browse through it, and dream of summer!

2 comments:

  1. The ramekins are BEAUTIFUL. I've never seen any like them before. Do you remember where you got them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cheri - they were a present from my brother MANY years ago, so I suspct they may have come from Debenhams sale!

    ReplyDelete

The views and opinions expressed in this blog reflect the author’s point of view.
Material copyrighted by other authors is quoted under a claim of "fair use.".
*************************************************************

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

eXTReMe Tracker