Thursday 26 February 2009

Red meat and cancer

My son told me that IRN had carried an item in its 11am news this morning to the effec that red meat causes cancer.

I found nothing online beyond the usual scare stories, so rang IRN, who told me that they had received the information from the World Cancer Research Fund, and he read the report to me.

So I spoke to someone in the press office of the World Cancer Research Fund, and asked for details of the studies on which this report is based.

After a bit of stammering I was told it wasn't a study but "a policy document".

"So, it's not based on a study, then?" I asked.

"Well, it's based on lots of studies," came the reply

"Could you tell me which ones were specifically on red meat, please?" I persisted.

The upshot is I've been promised that the information will be emailed to me. Watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Well I shall wait for THAT e-mail with interest Megan!! Lol Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete

The views and opinions expressed in this blog reflect the author’s point of view.
Material copyrighted by other authors is quoted under a claim of "fair use.".
*************************************************************

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

eXTReMe Tracker