Saturday 14 February 2009

Saturday - and oh what a quandary!

Yesterday afternoon I discovered, to my horror, that the Hellman's mayonnaise I have been slapping liberally onto my food is 22% polyunsaturates, made mainly with soybean oil!

I thought the olive oil version should be lower, so I rang Unilver, only to discover that it's 24% polyunsaturates! When I asked how that was possible, considering olive oil contains virtually no polyunsaturates and was presumably replacing soybean oil which is high in them, I was told "Oh, it's all right - polyunsaturates are the GOOD fats!"

As I had just finished reading Barry Groves' latest article, UK Food Standards Agency shows its ignorance, which goes into great detail on that very subject, I spent some time trying to explain just how dangerous they are, but I was met with disbelief.

Anyway, it has thrown me and my eating plan into utter confusion. How do I get my fats up as high without mayonnaise? I attempted my own version of a high-fat dressing this morning, but it was an awful failure! This is a problem that requires a little more research, so today's eating is rather a stop-gap while I pore through my recipe books.

Morning weigh-in: "stall-weight" - 1.2 lb. Worrying - I'm on the way back up ...
Ketostix: negative

Breakfast - Cals: 503; Fat: 41g; Net Carbs: 2g; Protein: 30g
50g bacon, 120g eggs, fried in butter

Lunch - Cals: 297; Fat: 7g; Net Carbs: 1g; Protein: 15g
50g boiled ham, 2 egg whites, small green salad, 50g cream cheese

Dinner - Cals: 576; Fat: 40g; Net Carbs: 2g; Protein: 24g
2 poached eggs in a butter, cream cheese and Cheddar sauce

Snacks - Cals: 297; Fat: 7g; Net Carbs: 1g; Protein: 15g
as lunch

I also had 2 x 40g whipped double cream with a touch of cocoa powder, making:
Daily totals: Cals: 1,985; Fat: 126g; Net Carbs: 7g; Protein: 86g

Exercise: 3 x 50 Gazelle paces

No comments:

Post a Comment

The views and opinions expressed in this blog reflect the author’s point of view.
Material copyrighted by other authors is quoted under a claim of "fair use.".
*************************************************************

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

eXTReMe Tracker